Hours of work Monday to Friday Full Time Permanent
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- As a Customs Entry Clerk you will be required to compare data with source documents, check for accuracy and re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- You will be expected to be able to sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered as well as locate and correct data entry errors and so a keen eye for picking up errors or potential errors is important
- Data Entry jobs always suit someone who is very organised as a key part of this job is the maintenance of logs and completed work
- The Customs Entry Clerk needs to be able to read source documents such as sales report, bills etc and be able to transfer data into specific data fields
- Although you may be part of a team, you may also have to work unsupervised and so it is important that you are capable of self-management and be able to select materials needed to complete work assignments without the assistance of other people
- This list is by no means exhaustive and the role will develop as time goes on
Qualifications / education required:
- You will need to be educated to a high standard and hold a recognised higher education qualification
- Customs Clearance 1 year (Preferred)
Particular aptitude / skills required:
- It is important that Customs Entry Clerks have good reading and comprehension skills. You must have excellent writing skills and be able to prepare clear and concise communications for team members to act upon.
- You must also be a good listener, be able to receive and decipher instructions and be able to ask relevant questions.
- Being a good communicator is also essential as the job of a Customs Entry Clerk means you will be expected to work with other team members and share tasks
- The ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems or to devise solutions to problems is required.
- As a team member, it is important that you can work as part of the team and to be sensitive to others reactions so as to avoid conflicting situations
- You must be familiar with Microsoft Office programs and you may also be required to be able to operate other equipment
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and cover letter stating clearly which job you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details of the role will be provided upon application.