We are now seeking a HGV Class 1 Driver to join our team in Gateshead.
The position is from 0730 to 1800 Monday to Friday Salary £28,405
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- To meet all special instructions as detailed on delivery documentation.
- Ensure that any documentation is completed, signed as required and returned to the transport office.
- To carry out vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks prior to operation of any vehicle and report any defects immediately
- On return to the depot to report to the traffic office for a full debrief.
- Where company uniform and personal protective equipment have been issued they must be worn at all times when on duty.
- Drive company vehicles and operate company equipment in a safe and appropriate manner and in accordance with company policies, procedures and legislation.
- Contribute to the safety of all road users by maintaining proper and effective vehicle control, whilst promoting road safety.
- Responsible for maintaining and complying with health and safety standards thereby minimising the risk to themselves and other persons.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as required by management.
- Read and comply with instructions and directions as communicated via depot signs, notice boards and memorandums.
Qualifications / education required:
- Must hold ADR licence (Clean licence preferred but not essential)
- Must be flexible, an excellent communicator, team player and customer focused
- In addition, must have the confidence to be able to work on own initiative and be effective with minimum supervision and be self-motivated
- Driver CPC
- It is essential that candidates have a good working knowledge of the EU drivers hours and Road transport regulations
- A good geographical knowledge of the North East of England
- Previous experience
- Tautliner Experience
Particular aptitude / skills required:
The ideal individual will be: self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and be effective
with minimum supervision, be a team player, confident and customer focused.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and cover letter stating clearly which job you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details of the role will be provided upon application.