We now require a Group Safety, Health & Environmental Manager who will be responsible for ensuring our SHE legal compliance is maintained. To include all operational activities implementing best practice procedures for all levels of employees.
Salary - £ 40,000 and Fully expensed car, Locations Mobile with a base in North Wales or Trafford Park, Full time Permanent
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Group Operations Director, Group HR Manager and Senior Management team across the group to develop and deliver the strategic business objectives to drive success through, leadership and Health & Safety strategies.
- Act as the lead Competent Person for the company in all Health and Safety matters including Environmental
- Complete internal quality audits and ensure recommendation and actions are implemented
- Provide specific, competent SHE advice to the organisation
- Ensure all accidents are reported, investigated thoroughly and lessons learned are cascaded across the organisation as remedial actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Report all RIDDOR events to the authorities within the statutory time frame
- Deal with all insurance claims including EL, PL and property and liaise with company insurers
- Manage the organisations pro active approach to HS by Managing, recording and following up the in house Near Miss reporting scheme and managing the output of and assisting in the completion of internal assurance audits across sites
- Produce and cascade regular Tool Box Talk type training to Managers
- Carry out reviews and updates of all site specific risk assessments
- Liaise with operational managers to ensure that site specific controls are adhered to Produce and update in house documentation / operational HS manuals
- Attend depots Health and Safety meetings and ensure actions are carried out
- Monitor the competence of all sub-contractors and employees on site
- Carry out Health & Safety inductions to employees and sub-contractors
- Using initiative to challenge the status quo and embracing change
- Head up insurance claim for motor and personal injuries and claims
- Dealing proactively with depots and insurance company for best possible outcome
- Regular reporting updates on accidents and progression
Qualifications / education required:
NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. 5 plus years experience in Health and Safety
Manager Level with strategic and operational capabilities, Need to be able to demonstrate a solution focused approach and have a proven track record in delivering creative and innovative learning and development initiatives
Particular aptitude / skills required:
The ideal individual will be: self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and be effective
with minimum supervision, be a team player, confident, customer focused, proactive and possess excellent communication, planning, IT and organisational skills.
- DGSA Qualification
- Previous Environmental experience
- Understanding of Environmental best practices is desirable
- Qualified FLT Instructor
- CPC in Road Haulage
- Fleet Compliance
Further details will be provided upon application.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and cover letter stating clearly which job you are applying for to email@example.com . Further details of the role will be provided upon application.